1. Instructor Obligations
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
- abuse UOP resources, including support services.
2. License to UOP
Unless otherwise agreed (including within our Promotions Policy), you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, UOP’s right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 60 days after the Submitted Content’s removal. However, (1) rights given to students before the Submitted Content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access) and (2) UOP’s right to use such Submitted Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant UOP permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or UOP’s content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
3. Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by UOP’s Trust & Safety policies, Restricted Topics policy, and other course quality standards or policies prescribed by UOP from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to UOP’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend payouts, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on UOP or bring UOP into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates UOP’s policies; or
- as determined by UOP in its sole discretion.
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The UOP platform allows you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your UOP account and courses. UOP is not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users. If your co-instructors have an assigned revenue share, their share will be paid out of your earned revenue share based on the ratios you have specified in your Course Management settings as of the date of the purchase.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the UOP platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the UOP platform. You will indemnify UOP against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
3.4 Anti-Piracy Efforts
We partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your courses from unauthorized use. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint UOP and our anti-piracy vendors as your agents for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your courses, through notice and takedown processes and for other efforts to enforce those rights. You grant UOP and our anti-piracy vendors primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
4.1 Price Setting
When creating a course, you will be prompted to select a base price (“Base Price“) for your course from a list of available price tiers. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your course for free. As a premium instructor, you will also be given the opportunity to participate in certain promotional programs under the terms of our Promotions Policy (“Promotional Programs“).
If you do not opt to participate in any Promotional Programs, we will list your course for the Base Price or the closest local.
You give us permission to share your courses for free with our employees, with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access accounts who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
4.3 Promotional Programs
UOP offers several optional marketing programs (Promotional Programs) in which you can choose to participate, as detailed in our Promotions Policy. These programs can help increase your revenue potential on UOP by finding the optimal price point for your courses and promoting them through additional marketing channels.
There is no up-front cost to participate in these programs, and you can modify your participation status at any time, though changes you make will not apply to currently active campaigns.
5.1 Revenue Share
When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by UOP from the student (“Gross Amount“). From this, we subtract any tax and third party payment gateway charges, financial institutions charges, and any amounts paid to third parties in connection with the Promotional Programs to calculate the net amount of the sale (“Net Amount“).
If you have not opted into any of UOP’s optional Promotional Programs, your revenue share will be 25% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. If we change this payment rate, we will provide you 30 days notice via email.
If you opt into any of the Promotional Programs, the relevant revenue share may be different and will be as specified in the Promotions Policy.
UOP makes all instructor payments in Philippines Peso (PHP) regardless of the currency with which the sale was made. We will assume transaction processing fees, excluding foreign currency conversion fees and wiring fees.
5.2 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal or Payoneer account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account.
Depending on the applicable revenue share model, payment will be made within 30 days of the end of the month in which (a) we receive the fee for a course or (b) the relevant course consumption occurred.
If we cannot settle funds into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the funds due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish;
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your UOP courses or your participation on UOP; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
8. Deleting Your Account
Instructions on how to delete your instructor account are available here. We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us.
9. Miscellaneous Legal Terms
9.1 Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and UOP reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
9.3 Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
10. Contact Us
We’d love to hear your questions, concerns, and feedback about our Services.